1. Look for a small quiet neighborhood light display and ideally have someone else drive.
2. Find a display you like and stop the car. (cul de sac streets are safest)
3. Set your camera to its lowest ISO and largest f/number (usually f/8 on compacts).
4. Compose your picture. Then pre focus by pressing the shutter half way down.
5. Ask your driver to start moving VERY slowly.
6. Press and HOLD the shutter button down and keep holding til you’re past the display.
7. Repeat these steps until you get something you like or until someone calls the police 🙂
These trees are white wire spiral frames. The colored areas are wire framed gift boxes.
TIP: If your image has more movement than you like, adjust your aperture to a smaller number.